This morning we noticed the efforts of Eric Overton, CEO of Inside the Address, through Matterport's blog. Eric is a Matterport service partner in the greater Houston Texas metro area, and utilized his Matterport camera to document the flood damage in an effort to help homeowners speed up insurance claims.
METIS owns one the newest Matterport Pro2 cameras along with shelves full camera equipment. We got to thinking and wish to carry Eric's ethos here in the SF Bay Area by providing Matterport services for those with remaining structures, and insurance photography services for those who require documentation completely free of charge.
Per Matterport, here is how all invoved can benefit from a Matterport 3D-Scan:
• Be sure to completely document the content inside a home.
• Use your Matterport scan over and over. You will be able to email the scan to multiple contractors for repair estimates
• Use 2D schematic floor plans for square footage and measurements
• Explore the 3D virtual tour when you cannot physically return to the home
• Send your company the 3D virtual tour as documentation of the homeowners content for review
• Take measurements from the 2D floor plan or from within Matterport’s Cloud platform • • Import .obj files into 3rd party software like Sketchup
Disclosure: There is no fee or commitment for this service. However, METIS does have limited bandwidth and will try to schedule and accommodate as many requests as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. If you are a Matterport service provider and wish to help with our efforts, please contact us directly. We would sure grateful and appreciate any additional help.
Home Owners, please complete the form below to request Insurance Photography or Matterport Services:
#sonomastrong #napavalleyspirit #mendocino #lakecounty #tubbsfire #tinfire #lakefire #sonomafires #norcalfires #